Philanthropy Advisory Services
As a private donor you want to be sure your giving makes a difference.
Giving to charity or considering how best to do so? How will your gift be used to make an impact and a real difference to the causes you and your family support?
Talk to us about the bespoke advisory service we provide to help donors to navigate the complexities of giving from start to finish. Our team is made up of highly experienced and deeply committed donor advisors with diverse experiences from working with non-profit organisations across the UK and internationally.
Philanthropy should be rewarding. However, for many donors, the process of philanthropy remains fraught with difficult decisions. How will you involve your family? How do you decide which charity to support? How much should you give to make a real difference? How will you know what the impact of your gift has been? What will they do when you stop giving?
Bill Gates famously said ‘Giving money effectively is almost as hard as earning it in the first place’ yet most of us rush into philanthropic giving. We can work with you in a range of ways to support your giving short and long-term.
- We’ll take the time to understand your values, identify your areas of interest and, if needed, find the right projects for you.
There are many things to consider in making your choice, and we’ll come back with recommendations solely for you, considering location, target group, programmatic approach, sustainability, risk, scale of project, type of organisation and the impact of your gift.
- We’ll sift through the detail for you.
There are thousands of worthy causes out there – more than 167,000 registered charities in the UK alone. This presents a vast range of options for the donor. You can choose from projects ranging from community initiatives and the provision of direct services to cutting-edge research seeking to tackle root causes.
- We’ll go beyond national boundaries.
International giving is becoming easier and this presents a whole host of new opportunities. We will help you navigate the options available to you.
- We’ll ask all the right questions on your behalf.
Giving to charity, especially one with programmes abroad, presents natural concerns. We will conduct rigorous due diligence on the charities we present to you, including their reputation and their current leadership to ensure your donation will end up in right hands.
- We’ll help you to understand the impact of your donation.Measuring impact is notoriously tricky, and means of measurement depend entirely on the type of organisation and project you have chosen.
- We’ll be the first port of call for all your giving needs.If you give multiple gifts to different organisations, it can be time consuming to keep track of activities across your portfolio. With us, the relationship with your recipient charities will be taken care of – entirely on your terms. You can have as much or as little contact with each charity and its beneficiaries as you like.
- We’ll manage the process from start to finish.From our first conversation with you right through to the completion of your chosen projects, we will initiate and implement your programmes for you, from start to finish – ensuring that your philanthropic interests are managed to the standard you would expect of any other area of your life and, where desired, we can provide the public face of your giving.