Mentoring & Training
We are committed to sharing our experience and skills with others in the fundraising and philanthropy sector through training and mentoring.
When you start up a new development office, raise your fundraising ambitions, or launch a campaign, you need to know that all the relevant people across your organisation, from CEO or Trustee to Development Director or volunteer, are equipped to support your vision. We can help embed a culture of philanthropy within your organisation by offering expert briefings, training seminars and one-to-one peer support designed specifically for your needs.
Foundations in Philanthropy for Trustees & Leaders
Our one-day seminar, Foundations in Philanthropy for Trustees & Leaders, has been designed specifically to help your institution’s leaders support efforts to build philanthropic income and secure major gifts.
Drawing on our 30 years of experience working with trustees, chief executives and senior leaders, Foundations in Philanthropy will give you a practical understanding of how to succeed in major gift fundraising and your role in achieving success. The day is designed to be practical with a mixture of professional research, case studies and opportunities to learn from the experiences of others.
Topics we cover include:
- The role of a trustee or leader in major gifts
- Charity Fundraising: A guide to trustee duties (CC20)
- The importance of vision
- Methodology: 7 Steps of Fundraising
- What motivates donors to give
- How to ask for gifts
- How to develop your fundraising team
- 10 success factors of fundraising
By the end of the day, the following questions will be answered:
- What is the role of major gift fundraising in the sector?
- What are the 7 steps of major gift fundraising?
- How can you engage with your prospects and donors? What motivates them?
- What is your role in leading your charity to major gift success?
- How can you motivate, support and develop your fundraising team?
- How do you make an ‘ask’ for a donation?
- What are the formal requirements of trustees in relation to fundraising compliance?
- What are other trustees and leaders experiencing? How can their insight help you?
Attending this seminar will give you a list of practical actions to be implemented on your return.
“Philanthropy Company gave us a superbly delivered and authoritative session, feedback from staff and Board members has been positive and we will approach the next stage of our campaign with even more clarity and determination.”
Caroline Jones, Executive Director, The Story Museum, Oxford
For more information
If you have questions or would like to discuss any aspect of how training and mentoring support can help equip your leaders and staff to achieve your philanthropic ambitions, please contact us.