Director, Arts and Heritage
We are looking for a talented and experienced fundraiser with a real commitment to arts and heritage to join our team of Directors. This is an outstanding opportunity to bring your exceptional fundraising and leadership skills to work with a range of important arts organisations. We work with high profile clients and philanthropists and are now looking for someone who will be as committed as we are to stimulating philanthropy for arts, heritage, museum and arts education.
You will be someone who brings proven experience in working at a senior level with or in arts or major cultural organisations. You will need to have led a team and personally secured gifts from high value donors. We are looking for someone who will bring energy and commitment to working as part of our small team and the determination to grow our client portfolio. We expect that the successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- A demonstrable interest and experience in fundraising and philanthropy
- The personal credibility and presence to work either individually or as part of a team directly with clients
- A passion for arts in any subject area
- The ability to build networks and secure clients
- Good networks and endorsements from Trustees and senior figures in the arts
- A commitment to professionalism in all aspects of your work
- The energy, humour and flexibility to play a large role in a small team
And is likely to have the following experience:
- Proven achievements in securing funds from corporates or generous individuals
- Proven experience in working with volunteer boards and donors
- Familiarity with key grant giving trusts
- Experience either in a commercial or entrepreneurial environment or freelance/consulting
- Exceptional communications skills, verbal and written
About the role of Director
We are looking for someone who will be as excited as we are about the Philanthropy Company and will share our vision, commitment and proven track record in achieving great things for clients.
This is a critical appointment for us as we expand the company and, for the right person, will bring stimulating and rewarding opportunities. Our office is based in Marylebone and you will need to be flexible enough to work in the office on a regular basis or attend client meetings or work from home as appropriate. Some national travel is required depending on client needs.
This is initially a 3 to 4 day a week position but other options will be considered.
Please apply with a cover letter and a copy of your CV detailing your interest in the role. We welcome informal approaches or discussions prior to a formal interview.
Applications or enquiries should be sent to: email@example.com by 19 March 2018.
Interviews will be week commencing 26 March 2018